Friday, January 20, 2012

Now Back To Our Program

Dearest readers, It really has been a long time since I've done anything with this blog, and for that I apologize.

When I started this blog back in September 2010, I had this idealistic vision of talking about the commercials that I loved as a kid. The plan was to bring you one commercial every week. I would tell you what I know about it, where I used to see it, and why I loved it. Having spent so much time in front of the television as a child, I thought that it would be really easy for me to come up with content.

I realized a couple of things, though. First, it's extremely difficult to find a lot of those commercials online. I have VHS copies, but I don't have the means of digitizing them. A lot of the commercials were specific to Canada, and I'm sure many of them were pretty obscure. Once I find a way of digitizing them, I feel like this blog will really start to take off again.

Second, even right now, this very second, I have about a list of about twenty commercials, vintage cartoon promos, and the like that I would love to talk about. The problem I'm having, though, is that I don't know what I would say about them. I would hate to post something, say, "Hey, this is really neat. Watch it!", and then call it a day. I want to write more, and I feel like I'm full of words. Somewhere between my brain and my fingers, there must be a short circuit. Instead of typing, I wish that I could somehow express myself through interpretive dance.

I guess what I'm saying is that this blog isn't dead yet. I'm going to try harder to bring you the Fun Vintage Advertising blog we all hoped this would be. I'm going to give you the old commercials you crave.

That, my dear readers, is my promise to you. Stay tuned, we have a lot of great stuff coming up.


0 comments:

Post a Comment