Thursday, September 23, 2010

What ever happened to unicycle?

Hello again!

It's no secret to a lot of people that I'm a pretty big Tetris fan. My sisters and I used to have copies of Tetris for our Game Boys, and we used to play against each other. Later on, I moved on to the NES version of Tetris. I got really good at it, and it became a big part of my life. Even today, I like to think that I can stack boxes and move things into storage really well because of my Tetris-playing skillz.


I don't personally remember when this commercial first came out, but GameFaqs.com tells me that Tetris was released for the NES in November of 1989. I assume that this commercial is from around this time. I love the artwork, which was done by using chalk on black paper. I love the hard-rocking music, too. (Extra special bonus fact: this commercial was made in Canada!)

There's a couple of things that bother me, though. First of all, the cubs aren`t playing with actual Nintendo controllers. Second of all, the bears really, really suck at Tetris. Even as a child, I knew that.They're getting a little too excited over a game that they are losing. Especially that move that they make at the end. Go ahead and watch it again. I'll wait here.

All in all, though, this commerical is pretty fantastic. It kind of makes me want to hook up the ol' Nintendo and play a couple of levels before work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment