Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hee hee hee! Oops!

Hello there, people of the internet! I hope you've had a bit of time to decompress after the holidays. (It's almost February!)

Today's commercial comes back from the early 90's. Mr. Christie, a man who has dedicated his life to the art of cookie making, took a great idea, and he made it better.



This is the story of Kevin, a happy-go-lucky, (and perhaps a little dumb) child who was cursed with a terrible condition. You see, everything he touched turned to rainbow colours. The poor kid couldn't catch a break!

While I loved this commercial back when I was a wee lad, there's a couple of things that bother me now. First of all, Kevin is just irritating! Second, he's clearly seen touching a cookie with one of his hands. Why doesn't that cookie turn to rainbow colours? It just makes no sense to me.

Can you imagine having this condition your whole life? If you thought puberty was awkward, you can only imagine how bad Kevin had it. And what about work? The only place he can really work is the tye-dye shirt factory! What kind of life is that? People don't even wear those anymore!

All that being said, I really loved the Rainbow Chips Ahoy cookies. I've said it before, and it's worth repeating: Mr. Christie, you make good cookies!

3 comments:

PinkChica said...

OMG! I totally remember this commercial! And I totally loved the cookies too! I love the things you dig up! :)

Patrick Neelin said...

Honestly, a lot of the commercials I put up here are suggested to me by friends. They'll send me a commercial, and I'll be like, "Oh man, I remember that!"

Anonymous said...

Rupert wears tye-dyed shirts

Post a Comment