Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The tuna is strong with this one

Good afternoon, my dear readers.

I want to start off by saying that I didn't grow up with this commercial. I couldn't tell you where I originally saw it, but for some reason I have it saved as a bookmark in my Firefox browser. If you like tuna, Star Wars, and Japan, then you're going to love this one.



This commercial meets all of my Fun Vintage Advertising criteria. It's fun, it's vintage (1978!), and it's certainly advertising.

The music is absolutely terrible, although I'll admit to getting this song stuck in my head more than once. I'm not sure what they're saying, but it's certainly fun trying to immitate what they're singing.

Also, I don't mean to ruin an otherwise perfect commerical for you, but you'll notice that the poorly recreated C3PO has breasts and a panty line.

Japan, Japan, Japan... I'm sure you're an awesome country. You have a bit of a reputation over here for being strange, and I've always wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, but this commercial is just plain weird. Does George Lucas know you did this?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. George Lucas is going to sue somebody over this.

Post a Comment