Saturday, December 25, 2010

FVA's Christmas Ad-Stravaganza - Part Seven of Hopefully More Than One

Merry Christmas, my dear readers!

Today's commercial wraps up our Christmas Ad-Stravaganza for 2010. It's a favourite of both yours and mine, and I think it's the perfect way to wrap up the season.



This here commercial, which aired every Christmas from 1987 to 2005, is probably my favourite commercial of all time. Of all time!

As we see, it's Christmas in the prehistoric town of Bedrock. Fred is listening to some carolers outside his window, and making some last-minute preparations for the arrival of Santa Claus. Barney (who, for some reason, can't afford his own cereal) comes up with a plan to steal Fred's delicious Pebbles by dressing up as Santa. But alas, Santa's already there! Santa reasons with Fred and Barney, and the two friends share the cereal together.

This commercial is so sweet, and it works on so many levels. The characters are already loveable, and the music is really great (I can't hear the song "Deck the Halls" without my brain automatically changing the lyrics you hear in this commercial). This commercial also teaches children a life lesson: share with your fellow man!

I guess there's really not all that much that I can really say about this spot that hasn't already been said. It's my favourite, clear and simple.

Have a good Christmas, and a wonderful new year. I'll see you shortly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment