Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Does everyone really love Marineland?

It's that time of year again! The mercury in the thermometer is starting to rise, and students everywhere are rejoicing because school is done!

In Southern Ontario, the place where I was born and raised, there was one extra sign that summer was coming. Around this time of the year, we were bombarded with commercials for Marineland.

Here's one from 1995!



These commercials are pretty exciting... for about two days a year. You see, the problem with these commercials is that they've been using the same song for almost twenty years.

Here's one from 1998, which, if memory serves me correctly, is still playing today. (There's a close-up of a scary clown at 0:12. Don't let him frighten you.)



...and here's one from just a few years ago.



I want to say that there's a whole lot more of these commercials, but really, they just show the same commercials year after year after year after year. Even when Marineland comes up with a new commercial, it's the same damn song that they use over and over again.

Hate these commercials as I do, they certainly make me miss home. Now that I've got my fix, I can officially start enjoying the summer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment