Thursday, May 12, 2011

Have you heard? The bird's the word.

Hello there!

Remember when cereal commercials, even for boring cereals, used to be fun? I do, and this is the perfect example.



Back in 1993, this series of commercials got a lot of play during my after-school cartoons. This is one of those jingles that I would often find myself singing to myself. I bet other people thought I was strange for that. (Then again, I'm 28 years old and people still think I'm strange...)

There's a lot of little things that I love about this spot. Of course, there's the music. The graphics are really well done, in that you can watch this commercial and immediately know that it's from the early 90's. Between the graphics, and those outrageous outfits the kids are wearing, you can certainly date this ad. It's just a whole lot of fun packed into thirty short seconds.

I like, too, that they end the commercial by advertising their limited-edition Aladdin cereal boxes. It just hit me that Aladdin was released about twenty years ago. Ladies and gentlemen, I offically feel old.

I love Corn Flakes, and I love listening to fun music. This commercial appeals to my love of both those things!

0 comments:

Post a Comment